Thursday, November 24, 2011

Arizona in September

 Every fall for the past few years I have gone to Phoenix to take care of my sister's family while she goes with her husband to his annual fall conference for work. I always recruit my mom and brother and we make a party out of it. We joke that we rent Teri's house, cars and life for a week, and that it takes 3 adults to do what she does! Between the daily routine we usually fit in some shopping, and we go somewhere different everyday for lunch as well as the usual joking and lots of laughing.


 The kids get spoiled with extra attention, which is fabulous for all of us!



My nephew, Conrad, had an orchestra concert ,which his mom was sad to miss, so we had to snap some pictures of him looking all snazzy in his tux!

Most of the time we come as Teri is going and leave when she gets home, but this time I stuck around for an extra day to play with her!

We took the kids to the zoo...








Hayden even got to ride a camel with his aunt Teri and uncle David!








 As we were walking over a bridge at the zoo Hayden said "look at those turtles!" I could not believe he saw them. I thought it was just murky water below us, little did I know there were cool sea turtles in there. He has a good little eye for things I would over look.

 The zoo also had a petting zoo. 
 and a little real life farm spot for the kids to play on the tractors

 We ended the day by going out to a great restaurant!

{September 16-22 2011}

2 comments:

Howells Fam said...

Your kids are so cute! What kind of camera do you use? Your pictures are so clear and cute (or do you do some editing - I'm not smart enough for that...)!

Stephanie Evans said...

I love your pictures... they're so clear and bright!

What a fun family tradition! I can't believe how much you all look alike!

Wish I could have been in Phoenix too and run into you! :)