Thursday, November 17, 2011

Idaho


From Arizona the kids and I flew to SLC and then went to Idaho to stay at my parent's house for a few weeks. We had lots of fun hanging out and seeing lots of friends. Here are some of the highlights:


Reading LOTS of books with Grandpa...



Playing on and checking out the farm...


Driving the tractors {Grandpa actually let him sit on his lap and drive one for real together}






Exploring the big school bus...



Playing with all of Grandma's fun toys! {the ones mommy used to pay with}

Hayden's hair was getting a little long and Josh usually cuts it at home, but when I talked to him he said just go pay to have it cut. I should have called my high school friend who owns a salon in town, but I figured she was the go to hair chick in town and would be booked so I took him to another salon which has tons of hair stylists, cuz you can't screw up a 3 year old's hair cut, right?! WRONG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hayden's curls so I went in and told her to do exactly what Josh does: cut it to a #7 on top and taper it down to a #2 around his neck. Sounds pretty easy, right?! She took her scissors and whacked and whacked and whacked away the top of his hair leaving NO curls and very little hair then cut it super short all the way around! I about bawled when I walked out of there. Here is the picture...good thing he is so cute! I did end up calling my hair stylist friend and having my hair done and she gave me such a great deal and did such a good job I'll be calling her next time I'm in town!


One day my friend Jenn, who lives in Rexburg met me in Pocatello for lunch. We sat in Applebee's for 4+ hours and chatted! It was SO fun! Neither of us wanted to leave!

Every morning after breakfast Hayden and Grandpa would take a ride on the 4wheeler around the farm to check on things. Hayden loved looking for the cows, fox, birds and anything else they saw along their way.
Brinley LOVED being outside! It was FREEZING at the beginning of June when I first got there but the temps warmed up before we left. Whenever we were outside and I said it was time to go inside she would jump into Grandpa's arms so she could stay outside longer!







It is SO pretty there!










I was able to go to Logan a couple different days to spend time with my good friend Sara. It was SO fun to see her! One day we had a girls day complete with lunch and a pedicure! The next day I took the kids with me and our kids played together. We need to live next door to each other so we can be crafty together and our kids can be BFF's!

I was also able to see my friend Heidi, but we didn't take a picture. She is always so great to come see me whenever I am in town and we just pick up right where we left off!


 And here is a few photos we took right before leaving for the airport.





It's always so great to go and see my family and it's always sad to leave!

No comments: