Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


This year we had a pretty laid back Thanksgiving. Even though we received a few offers for dinner we chose to do our own thing. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do the turkey. {I had a pretty HORRIBLE experience a few years ago} I was so proud of myself when everything turned out well! Hayden loved the whole meal but he's totally our son because I'm pretty sure his favorite part was the pumpkin pie and cool whip! It was so nice having Josh home from school for a few days. We are blessed with so many great things in our lives. I love that we have this time of year to reflect on all that we've been given.

The next morning I left my boys sleeping and was one of those crazies that hit the black Friday sales. I didn't really NEED anything I just had a couple wants and some "that's a good deal" things that I would pick up if I were given the opportunity. I only wanted to go to Walmart and Target. I started at Walmart. I got in line at 5:05am, thinking that I would miss all the crazy crazies that wanted the tv's and other electronics. At 6:25 I entered the store! I kept thinking that they would let us all in, but apparently after someone at a Walmart was trampled and killed last black friday they decided to have us all stand in line and let 20 people in, 20 people out. I didn't hear this until I was half way to the door, and by then I had made it so far I wasn't about to get out of line. Inside the store was pretty calm and I even walked right up to the register. I got some good deals, but I skipped Target and headed home after that experience. It was a bit much even for this seasoned black Friday shopper!

1 comment:

Joey & Kalee said...

Teton probably wanted your turkey to fail...