Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the past few days

the past few days have not been fun around here

Friday: I went to the outlet malls with some friends. While we were eating Hayden put WAY too much in his mouth at one time and choked. Literally face blue lips purple choked! SO scary! I grabbed him out of the high chair and had him bent over ready to do the heimlich when he started gagging, so I knew he was breathing then he threw up. Not so fun, but at least he's fine!

Saturday: Hayden's runny nose got worse and he got a NASTY cough! So he was super whiny and clingy. I love him to death but the whining was a bit much by the end of the day!

Sunday: Hayden was still sick and I was in so much pain I could barely walk. My hips and lower back were killing me! I could possibly be my sciatic nerve, but I'm not sure. Hayden just wanted to be held but I couldn't pick him up unless I was sitting down. Josh walked around the house for an hour holding and rocking Hayden while Hayden layed his head on Josh's shoulder...super cute! AND I got a sore throat, wonderful!

Monday: I felt WAY better. The pain in my hips and back was gone, but by the end of the night my throat was killing me! Hayden coughed so hard he woke up from his nap after 1 1/2 hours instead of 3. Poor guy!

Tuesday: My throat still hurts and my body is achy. Hayden still has a cough and runny nose but is running around playing. We had not been out of the house in 3 days and I was getting a little stir crazy! So we ran to Wegmans and Target to get a few last minute items and hit some sales. During which my aching body made me wonder why we had left the house at all!

WAH WAH! this too shall pass and I'm sure we'll be back to normal soon!

9 comments:

Howells Fam said...

Oh my gosh - so scary! I'm glad Hayden is okay after choking, that is seriously one of my worst fears. Sorry about your back pain, I hope you figure out what the problem is!

Aves said...

Poor thing! Gosh you have had a rough week! I am so glad that Hayden is ok, and I hope you guys get better REALLY quick!! :) PS I'm glad you had a fabulous birthday, wish I could have been there to help spoil you!!

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

Man that's not fun at all! That's one of my biggest nightmares to have a child choking, I'm afraid I would freeze and not know what to do! You're right though it will all get better soon. It's so hard to see past the trial though, I know.

Britta said...

Bummer! I hope you're all feeling better now - or at least soon. :)

The Hill's said...

Oh I am so sorry! Wish I could have been there to help. Those sick days are never fun especially when you are sick too! Hope you get feeling better soon! Hugs

Tina said...

Oh Kandis I hope Thanksgiving week was better for you! I dont do well with choking, I freak out, Im glad hes ok!!

Tess said...

Yikes! What a "fun" couple of days! :( I have had a lot of problems with my back and hips this pregnancy. The only way to survive is a good chiropractor.

Tiffany said...

Candice...Hayden is getting so big. I saw him in church Sunday and thought how cute he was getting as a big boy! I can;t believe he chocked like that! That always scares me. That's the worst feeling a mom could have. Luckily, he's Ok though, right? What a trooper. I hope things get better for you!

ksleightfam said...

I hope you continue to get feeling better!! That is scary with the choking!! It scares me to death too!! He sure is a cute little man!!!