Sunday, December 6, 2009

2/3 down...1/3 to go!

I'm now in the third trimester of this pregnancy. Which is both great, crazy, scary, unbelievable, overwhelming and fabulous all at the same time! I was telling Josh that I can't believe it's the first part of December. Then it will be the first part of January and then the first of February and then we could have another baby! WOAH! Not that I thought this day wouldn't come, but for it to be so close around the corner makes me a little nervous. Nervous because I'm not sure how the whole two kids thing is going to work. How will Hayden react. How will we manage a newborn and a little guy under the age of 2 all at the same time. Will they both feel loved and get the attention they need? Even though people tell me love multiplies it does not divide when you have more kids, I can't imagine loving another the way I love and adore our little Hayden bug. There is also a lot that I still need and want to do before she comes. All of this being said we are really excited to meet her. To see if we make girls as cute as boys. To find out what her little personality will be like. To find out her name...we're still undecided. My mother in-law tells me that I shouldn't plan on having another baby that's as good as Hayden. So if we get anything less then a mellow, good eater, good sleeper, happy baby I'll know she cursed us! It's crazy and unbelievable that there are only 3 months left. I feel like this first part has flown by. I've been sick and I'm getting fatter and fatter everyday but it feels like with Hayden I was reading all things pregnancy and constantly worrying about everything I was eating and doing and how it was all affecting him. This time I think about her and I worry if I'm not eating as well as I should or if I'm throwing up a lot that she is not getting the nutrients that she needs, but for the most part I'm more worried about the end. Will she come early, or was that just a fluke? Will she be born perfect or will there be problems? Will they whisk her away to the NICU and make me worry about her 24/7? OR will things be like they are for almost everyone I know and go according to textbook?

In the beginning I was sick. Tired, throwing up almost everyday sometimes multiple times a day, or nauseous. Which was not fun, but I didn't gain a pound until I stopped throwing up at about 20 weeks. So there's no great loss, but there's some small gain! There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to my puking. It didn't seem to matter what I ate or when the only things that I could connect to it were if I went too long without eating or if I missed a giving myself a shot. {I give myself shots of Heparin 2x/per day to make my blood thinner due to a blood disorder I have called Protein S deficiency}

She sits way lower than Hayden did and I seemed to pop out a lot sooner this time than before. This could be a second kid thing or a boy vs. girl thing, who knows. By the end of the night I feel like I need to sit down or lay down, and some of the clothes that I wore until I was 7 months with Hayden have long ago been pushed to the other end of my closet.

Even though I complain about being uncomfortable and getting fatter I'm so grateful that things have gone smoothly up to this point. I'm grateful that we have the opportunity to be parents to another little one. It truly is a miracle, there are so many things that can go wrong and everything has to happen at just the right time for them to develop correctly. We are so excited to meet our little girl! I hope everything goes as well during this last 1/3 as it has so far!

2 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

You are going to do awesome with two kids and she is going to be so cute!!! i totally don't think you look huge this time, you always hide it so well. we can't wait to meet her.

Howells Fam said...

I know you posted this a while ago, but I'm just seeing it now. Speaking from experience, don't worry about the puking and the baby not getting enough thing. I didn't keep anything down for 5 days straight (literally, not even a sip of water) and I was worried about the same thing. They just kept telling me, the baby takes what it needs, the baby is fine, let's just worry about you. Don't worry - your baby will be fine! I can't wait to see pictures!