Thursday, April 3, 2008

THE PREGNANT KANDIS

Here are some pregnant pictures of me. Everyone has been wanting to see how fat I've gotten, so here ya go! I feel huge. Not necessarily like my belly is super large, but other areas like my cheeks and face. People have told me "You don't even look pregnant" I'm not quite sure how to take this. Initially I take it as "So what do I look like I've just gained weight?!" But I'm sure they don't mean that...at least that's what I tell my overly emotional pregnant self. What I like to think they mean is they can barely tell that I've gained any weight and my little guy is so tucked up inside me that I hardly have a belly, so I look as fabulous as I always have...RIGHT!

20 weeks

26 weeks

I was talking to Josh the other night about gaining weight and he said "What did you think was going to happen?" He's so funny. He's been great during all this. He is always there to reasure me and make me feel awesome no matter what is going on.


As far as our little one. He's doing great. He moves around a ton now. He kicks under my right rib a lot, which doesn't feel too great. If he's on track with the 28th week schedule he's breathing in and out and sucking, his eyes are open, his body regulates his temprature and he's making his own blood. It seems like he moves around a lot more when I am in a loud enviornment.


Most of the time I'm really excited for this little guy, but sometimes I start thinking about what a precious gift we are going to get and it's overwhelming the responsibility we have to teach and raise him well. I hope that we'll be everthing he needs us to be.

83 days to go we're getting closer and we're so excited!

8 comments:

Megan said...

I think you look great! I'm just starting to feel our little one, usually right in the center of my stomach. And I totally agree with you, I'm so excited and yet so overwhelmed with the responsibility that will be coming our way. I wish I was as far along as you are!

Rachel and Tyler said...

You and Josh will be good parents. I am scared all the time but I guess if we do our best it will work out. I think that you look very good!

Child Family said...

You look so great!! I can't believe your that far along. People always told me that I didn't look pregnant until I turned around. I had a big belly the last few months. When you get closer to having the baby, you won't be as nervous. Dan was way nervous even after we had Ryanne. He didn't know what to do, but it seems like your motherly instincts kick in and you can do it!! It is so fun to have a little one. Good luck and I will keep checking back!!!

Aves said...

ITS ABOUT TIME! You look fabulous fabulous fabulous! And I am not just saying that. And you will be a wonderful Mom. Girl, you have more going for you than most. I can't wait to see freaking pictures of your cute little one. He will be a little heartbreaker :o) Keep in touch sexy!

Peter and Lesha said...

you can't tell at all, you look great!!! so good to see pictures of you

Tina said...

You do look great! I am so excited for you to, you will be the best mom!! I still remember our first day driving up to Ricks!! wow, can you believe how time fly's!
Oh we need to make Sara do a blog!! did you hear about her little Brigham? CUTE pictures you look so good!

Denise Ricks said...

You look great! I can't believe our little Luke Skywalker is almost here, we are so excited.

Anthony and Kristie said...

You look great, You are going to be a great mom. I can't wait to see your cute baby.