Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom & Dad

On April 4th my siblings and I flew in from all corners of the US...literally everywhere from Hawaii to New York and a few places in between...to have a surprise birthday party for our parents. We have been talking about this party for about 2 years and we were so relieved that everything came together without the surprise being blown. Both of my parents were shocked to see us all there. It was awesome!

Teri, David and I all flew in on Friday morning. My parents knew Teri was coming, but had no idea that the rest of us were there too. David and I drove up to Logan and picked up the cakes, balloons, and flowers. We headed over to the restaurant to set everything up and wait for everyone else to arrive. Teri spend the afternoon at my parents house trying to act like nothing was about to happen that night. She had told my parents that she wanted to take them out to dinner while she was there since my Dad's birthday was the following week. (We wanted to celebrate my Mom's birthday which is next month while we were all there too.) She told them she made reservations because she hates waiting and she chose the Coppermill in Logan because she knows they like to go there. Everything went like clockwork. Everything was set up and David, Camille, Leanne and I. Along with my dad's siblings and their wives were all there to yell SURPRISE when they walked in.

It was a quick trip for most of my siblings, but I was able to stay a few extra days. It's always fun to have one on one time with my parents. My mom and I went shopping, I was able to see some of my friends and of course we went out to eat a few more times. It's always bitter-sweet leaving I missed Josh like crazy, but I wish my parents lived closer so I could see them more often.

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

How fun, I am sure they were so surprised. You guys are all so sweet. Love the picture. Hope you had a good time with your family, you look great!

Guh said...

2cute!

Child Family said...

That is so fun! It is nice when you can actually surprise your parents. I bet it was nice to be with your family. You look great too.