Thursday, December 16, 2010

Erie, PA

We went to Erie, PA for a few days so that Josh could take his dental boards. When we got to the hotel the first night both kids were tired and a little nervous about their new sleeping environment. They both cried. Hayden was easily consoled and went right to sleep. Brinley had slept in the car on the way there and was not fond of the pack and play she was supposed to sleep in. She cried and cried and cried. She cried when I held her. She cried when Josh held her. She cried when we layed her down. She cried when I rocked her, bounced her or tried to feed her. She cried for 2 hours. She NEVER does this! When she finally fell asleep in my arms I tried to lay her down and she woke up an cried more. Finally at 11:30 she fell asleep and stayed asleep when I layed her down. We woke up the next morning had breakfast and dropped Josh off at his testing center. I took the kids back to the hotel and they played and took naps until it was time to go get Josh again. It was SO cold in Erie! We live in Buffalo where it is freezing and we thought we were going to die in Erie! It was negative temperatures with wind chill! The lady at the hotel front desk told me it gets much worse than it was while we were there! Holy cow, NO thank you!


Brinley practicing getting up on all 4's

Hayden loved the hotel phones. He kept picking them up and talking.

playing and watching some cartoons



On the second day I took Hayden to McDonalds while we waited for Josh. This was Hayden's first happy meal. I think he was just as excited that he got a new "guy" as he was that there were toys to play on.


On the second day Josh's test only lasted part of the day. After he was done we got lunch and then drove the 1 1/2 hours back home.

I'm sure Josh did well, but we will anxiously be awaiting his board scores.

No comments: