Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Wonderful Little Helper

Today as I was leaving the house I grabbed my purse and both kids. I locked the door behind me like always and then realized that I forgot my keys. The car was still unlocked from earlier so I put the kids in and then went to find the hidden key. It wasn't there! I must not have put it back. Both doors were locked. Josh's set of keys were inside too. I thought about it for a second and then grabbed one of the patio chairs and went to the window that was open and opened the screen. The whole time I was thinking "great this is how easy it is for someone to break into my house." After standing on my chair I realized that I was too far away and my chair was too wobbly to push myself up into the window, I wondered how many of my neighbors were watching me at this point! Then I got Hayden out of the car. Stood on the chair with him and lifted him into the window and onto his stool that he keeps by the window to help him see out. Told him to take his stool and go get mommy's keys. He looked at me with an unsure look on his face and then did as I asked. He moved some toys that were in his way. Put his stool down, grabbed my keys and brought them back to me at the window. I always knew he was an awesome little helper, but today he saved the day! Thanks little man!

No comments: