Friday, May 30, 2008

Update

I went in yesterday for a biophysical profile and a stress test. During a BPP they test the baby's muscle tone, movement, breathing, heart rate and amniotic fluid. They give the baby a score out of 10. 2 points for each of the five categories. Our little guy scored a 10/10! I also had a stress test done. During the stress test they test the baby's heart rate for about 20 or 30 minuets. They monitor to make sure his heart rate goes up every time he moves, and that he's moving at least 2 times in 30 minuets. He did awesome with this test too. So for now everything looks good. I go in again for these same tests next week and they will also re-test his weight. I'm so glad that everything went well. I know we're not in the clear yet but next week I'll be 37 weeks and they consider 37+ weeks to be full term, plus it's another week he gets to stay in there to grow and develop those lungs.
I was really nervous before my appointment yesterday. I hate being told things are anything less than perfect. Plus I don't do well with the unknown, and this whole adventure...especially delivery... is a big unknown. People can tell you all about it, but until you've experienced it for yourself you can't really comprehend it. I was really nervous that I might have to go in for an emergency C-Section, and Josh couldn't be at my appointment with me because he had a clinical class at that time, so he was on standby waiting for my call. Don't get me wrong I'm ready to not be pregnant any more, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to have a baby! Lots of times I feel like there's no more room in there for him to get any bigger and my lungs, stomach and all my other internal organs can't scrunch out of his way anymore than they already are. I'm way excited to see him and find out who he looks like! Thanks everyone for your love, support and concern we couldn't ask for better family, friends, and doctors! We love ya!!

9 comments:

All About Us! said...

Hey I'm gald things are going well with you and your little guy! I know how you feel when you say there is no more room. I was miserable with Kenli the last couple months...it was rough! Good Luck with everything:) It will be here and over before you know it!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Im glad he is doing well! Although it would be fun if he came a little early...im pretty excited to hold him!!!

Child Family said...

I am glad to hear that he passed all the tests. Ryanne was 2 weeks early and she was small, but she was healthy, so I am sure that things will go well. You always get those kinds of thoughts right before the baby comes, but when he/she is there, all your fears go away!!

Amber said...

the fear of the unknown is always worse than it really is. I think we all get scared before the little ones come (especially the first) but it all turns out great in the end and you will have an amazing story to tell that will be 100% YOURS. We can't wait to hear it!!!!!

Aves said...

That's great news that he is healthy and growing! I am sure its so comforting to hear he scored perfect on all the tests. And girl, I have been afraid of having kids since I was little. And I am sure every woman whose had a baby has felt your anxiety. I don't have experience on the matter, but I am sure everything will go great, and I will keep you in my prayers! Tell Josh hi, its been ages since I've talked to you guys. Its weird how life just keeps shuffling along. love ya!

Krystal said...

Hey Kandis! I'm glad everything looks good and I'm so excited for you- its so fun. On my way to the hospital I felt scared to have a baby too, but that feeling stopped when I saw him. I'm sorry I missed your shower but hope to see you soon!

Justin Ricks said...

Glad to hear everything is going good!

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh! How is it that my pregnancy went by so SLOW and your speed by so flippin' fast?! ;) So exciting. Can't wait to see some pictures of the little guy.

Shelley said...

P.S If it makes you feel better my labor was a BREEZE! Just make sure to get an epideral! ;)