Friday, May 29, 2009

Easter

our little man in his new Easter outfit
Hayden's Easter basket
{clothes, a quiet book for church, a few toys and a little candy}


He loved everything!


Easter was so fun this year. Every holiday is fun when you have kids. I know some people think what is the point in making your 10 month old an Easter basket, but I love this stuff and even if he doesn't completely understand everything right now we are starting traditions and it's fun!

First thing when Hayden woke up we took him to see his Easter basket. He loved his new toys and thought his spinning wheel was so fun! The cool rubber, squishy ball was a hit with all the kids at Church too. Then we went to church and then spent the afternoon hanging out and ended the day with a great dinner...if i do say so myself...of (not your traditional, but I was sick of traditional) teriyaki salmon, southwestern rice, asparagus, deviled eggs and strawberry shortcake for dessert! YUM!
I also got a new calling as the 7/8 year old teacher in primary and Easter Sunday was my first day teaching. I was really nervous about my new calling. I guess I just felt like it's been such a long time since I was there and all the nervousness that comes with the unknown, but I think it went well and I really like my class. They are full of energy, but it's fun to go back to the basics of the gospel, and kids are so innocent and they say the funniest things!

1 comment:

Brandon and Kristina said...

i got avery one of those squishy ball things too....she loves them. Your little boy is getting so big and so CUTE! I am glad you are doing the tradition thing already, I think it is fun.