Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy 27th Birthday Josh

On Josh's Birthday Sunday March 2nd I had a little surprise birthday party for him. The only problem is he is so hard to distract and get out of the house! First he was going to go play video games with Adrian, but he said he didn't have time for that because he has three midterms this week. He said he could after Wednesday...but obviously that was not going to work. So I called Garth and asked if he could get him out of the house to study for a little bit. The party started at 6:30 so the plan was to take Josh over to Garth & Melissa's and the guys were going to study there and I was going to bring Melissa & Hugh back to our house. Garth was going to bring Josh home to his surpirse party at 6:40. At 5pm just before we were leaving Josh began to question everything. It started with him questioning why he and Garth were going to study together when they both study better on their own. Then Josh saw the cake I had made and wanted some. I told him he couldn't have any yet because it wasn't frosted and the fruit was not on it yet. He then opened the fridge to get something else to eat and saw the cookie dough. Cookies are his favorite and he said he wanted some cookies before he left. I told him I would have them ready when he got home. He doesn't like to eat late so this was not making any sense to him. Then he got out a fork and said he was going to have a bite of the cake since it was just going to be us eating it what difference did it make if there was a little piece missing...right before he took a huge bite. I said WAIT! And I told him that in an hour about 15 people were coming over for a surprise party for him. Not exactly the surprise I was going for, but he truly was surprised! I called Garth & Melissa and told them I had to tell him so they could just come over. When they got to our house Garth said, " I told Melissa you would have to end up telling him. Josh is a logical kind of guy, if it doesn't make sense to him he doesn't usually do it!" SO TRUE! We had a great time celebrating by eating cake and ice cream with some of our friends! Thanks everyone!!

David, Thane, Jason, Creed, Adrian, Dan, Josh, Aman

Tiffany, Britta, Natalie G, Taylor, Natalie D, Melissa, Garth, Rachel, Garret

On Saturday night we went out to dinner at El Palenque Josh's favorite restaurant here in Buffalo. Happy Birthday Babe!

No comments: