Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rice Cereal

On November 4, 2008 one day before Hayden was 5 months old we gave him rice cereal. He has consistently been sleeping about 8 hours after we put him to bed. Then waking up eating and going back to sleep for 4 or 5 more hours. Lately he has been getting up every 4 hours which was really wearing me out so we decided it was probably time to start solids. At first he wasn't too excited about the new texture in his mouth, but we tried a few bites and something must have stayed down because he slept for 6 hours. Since then he has learned to like rice cereal and after the first few bites he opens for more, and sometimes we can't give it to him fast enough. Now we're back to at least 8 hours of sleep before he wakes up to eat. All ready to try some rice cereal"I'm not sure about this stuff"
"Maybe I'll have a little more"
There's more on his face than is in his tummy!


9 comments:

Caranna said...

Yep, sleep is important!
Isn't it neat when you move on to 'the next step'?I think it's always fun when baby starts something new!

Aves said...

I love when kids can't eat fast enough, its so cute! And I am glad that you are getting more sleep now. That is awesome. He is such a darling little man :)

Peter and Lesha said...

yeah everyone told me that rice ceral would be the key but for Carson it didn't make a stinkin difference he still wanted to wake up and have our quality time at 11pm 2am and 5am but he is sleeping through the night now! not waking at all he sleeps about 10 hours and then eats and then 2 more:) finally after 9 months:)

The Hill's said...

He is so adorable. Love the 1st rice cereal moment - it is so rewarding when the real stuff sticks and they don't keep waking up to eat!
Josh and you are such good parents Hayden is lucky to have you both! Good luck with more fun foods-

Megan said...

I wish Cooper would sleep that long, we've had 2 nights of through the night sleep, but that's it. Hopefully he'll start sleeping more in the night soon. Does Hayden nap during the day? How long?

Tina said...

That is crazy that Hayden is already 5 months!!! Wow, Ya this first year goes way to fast! Thats cool Sadie has the same Birthday!! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a Great one, it was a big one, 25 right!!!

Joe and Ellen said...

Isn’t rice cereal the best thing in world? I hope that you and Josh can start enjoying some restful nights!! Oh and how cute is Hayden?!! We love you guys.

Sheen said...

How bad of a friend am I?! I hate myself for missing your b.day. I'll call you soon! But happy very late birthday lady! What did you do & get?

He's getting so big & cuter by the minute!

Tay's not 18 months yet. :) We snuck her into nursery a few months early. Hey, but nobody has to know and she loves it anyway! She's better than most of the 18 mo. olds in there.

Howells Fam said...

I just found your blog - and Kandis, he's adorable! I can't believe how big he is!